We may not have it all together but together we have it all!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lesson

Our Relief Society lesson today was about patience. I have much to learn concidering this topic, but today my thoughts are these... My gram has a saying that she wants me to cut in vinyl for her wall it goes "Happiness is a journey, not a destination". I'd like to replace happiness for a minute with patience. No one is perfectly patient, but we can all strive to be better each day. I think as we do and as we practice being patient we will learn many things along our journey. Many of which may be more important than the actual thing we thought we were waiting for. I have many examples of patience in my life and I appreciate them all. Today I am especially grateful for my uncle John and aunt Edie Esplin. John has been very sick this last year, endured chemo and was physically knocked down over and over again. He underwent a bone marrow transplant last Friday and will be in the hospital for a while now. I've watched them both be strong examples of enduring and patience and many other things I hope to develop someday, and I pray that he will recover and know good health again.

4 comments:

Biffy said...

I was sitting by you during that lesson and kept thinking how you seem to me to be the epitome of patience. Thanks for being so amazing, Amanda! I look up to you so much!

Amanda said...

Biffy you give me way too much credit, but thanks. Come spend a morning at our house and you might think differently :)

Scott and Misty said...

I agree with Biffy you have always been a good example of patience to me. I'm missing you!

Sami said...

I have to agree, you have always been the patient one. Even when we were young you were always so patient with me. You have taught me so much and given me such a great example to follow. You are an AMAZING big sister!


Cutest kids!