We may not have it all together but together we have it all!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cock-a-doodle-do

I have to share the story about our dinner tonight. So, this summer our neighbors's had baby chicks, we went over and Logan and Sydni loved seeing them. But as we all know baby chicks grow up to be big chickens, and some of them become roosters, and roosters eventually learn how to crow in the morning. I really have enjoyed waking up to roosters crowing in my back yard, but apparently not all of our neighbors agree. So, I got this call from our neighbor on Saturday asking me if we would eat a fresh chicken if he brought it over. I said sure, and later that night his wife called and said that he would meet me at the fence. So long story short, our neighbor killed the roosters, plucked and cleaned them (really well by the way!) and handed me one over the fence so we had roast chicken for dinner tonight. It was yummy!

2 comments:

Janalynn said...

What? I can't beleive it! Werent we just talking about those roosters? That's so funny! I told you then, and I'll say it again, I rather listen to a rooster crow, than a dog bark!! Good for you on the meal!!

Heather said...

That sounds so yummy! And I bet the neighborhood is a little quieter now!
Happy you have a blog! It's so cute!!


Cutest kids!